Online family tree

Is there one website that was the most useful in doing a family tree for you? The older members of my family are starting to pass and I'd like to do a tree so my son knows my side of the family (we're spread all over the country, but his father's family is all where we live.) Thanks!

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 7:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I used ancestry.com. Then I cancelled it because my Mom could answer most my questions.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 7:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I use geni.com. It's free and you can really do a lot with it, including uploading pictures, making timelines, writing bios on family members. It's good fun. They also keep little family statistics based on the information you put in (like most common names, 'life expectancy' etc.). I don't have a big family, but I still use it, and it's worked well for me.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• www.familysearch.org

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I use Ancestry.com to look up census records and a few other records they have on line but for my actual family information (I don't put it on-line) I use Family Tree Maker. It allows you to put in a lot of different types of information and you can print out "Trees" in several different formats. If you have anyone who would have been of age to register for the draft in 1917-1918, you can look them up in Ancestry.com. They have the WWl draft registration cards on-line and they give a general physical descriptions of the person. It's pretty interesting.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011