Ever have an awkward/embarassing moment at pediatricians office?

my Mom and I were just reminiscing about my daughters 9 month shots/wellness exam. I was on my last straw with the clinic, if we missed or were more than 10 minutes late to one more appt. they were kicking us out. Of course we were running late and daughter was wearing a fancy outfit, just came from 9 month portrait session. So I quickly on passenger car-seat side stripped her, clean diaper, and a onesie on only since she'd get shots in thighs.

Once in exam room the dr went blah blah blah through the 9 month stuff. Solid foods, baby gates, straps in the stroller, etc. He asked about choking hazards and I laughed that I was the more hardcore safety mom, constantly worried about little dangers, etc. 90 seconds later he unfastened her diaper to check her hips and PLOP PLOP a penny and a nickle were stuck to her butt area. I wanted to disappear right then and there. (her moist skin picked them up on the emergency diaper change in the car)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my daughter peed on the doc but i'm sure they get a lot of that. you coulda said "wow, she ate a whole paper dollar. i wonder when the rest will come out"
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would have to say when I was caught behaving badly. LOL. My daughters' usual pedi was away during the time my oldest was due for one of her well visits, so I said I would just see another doctor that one time. The lady they sent in was a B-I-T-C-H....excuse my language, but there is no other way to say it. I think my daughter was only 6 months old and was going through a growth spurt and was nursing constantly, and the pedi obviously had no understanding of breastfeeding, because she told me that was not normal, and I was only to feed her every 3 hours, if she was hungry before then, make her wait until the three hours had passed or otherwise I was going to have a baby running my house from birth.

My father was with me that day and the second the door closed after she walked out of the room, I WENT OFF. Told him that brain dead b better not come back in my m-effin room or touch my baby or I would ...cont
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You could have really played that one up! LOL! I would have said, "See Dr., she just keeps pooping change... what do I do with her"?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• let her know exactly what I thought of her rude @$$...then making the biggest mistake of his life, my father said that she was a doctor and maybe I should listen to her. So I proceeded to come unglued on him as well.

Anyway...one of my friends works in the office and came in trying to hold back her giggles telling me that the walls in the office are thin and that the doctor was standing there and heard it all. Yeah...felt like trash, but I stand by the fact that that lady was a bad doctor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I was nursing my 2 month old when the doctor came into the room. Accompanied by his 20-something year old male intern. I started to unlatch her but the doctor said he could give her the exam while still on the breast. So I was sitting there, with my breast exposed and the baby feeding from it, while the doctor was listening to her heartbeat, and doing all the regular exam motions. And a young guy watching and taking notes. Lucky I'm not too modest and I know the doctor really well; considering I have 4 kids and see him a lot.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Mine also involves BFing. I had just gotten my DD (9 months) latched, when the ped comes in. She unlatches quickly, and the milk had just let down...so I squirt milk across the room. Hitting the doc....
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my daughter had just turned 5 and swin flu was still such a big thing in the news and we were in the waiting room and she was at the little play area and this little boy coughed. I heard her scream MOMMY HE HAS SWIN FLU WHERES YOUR SANTIZER" some parents mostly the dads laughed but she was serious I had to reschedule her appt because she wouldn't stay in the office. I apologize to the mom but she gave that "what are you teaching your children" look
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• when DS was a baby, at one of the well baby visits DS peed on him..
    Shorty616

Answer by Shorty616 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my dd pooped on her doc! i told her to stand to the side when she took off her diaper since my dd HATES to have her diaper changed she cries so hard she poops! yeah she didnt listen and caroline poops all over her skirt! i laughed later but it was embarrassing!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011