Are you there for me?

sorry ladies this is more of a vent then i think a question but i am so tired of being the friend that allows answer the phone or call right back and be there to hear you vent/cry. i am tried of being the one to invite you to places but yet you forget about me. i am sick and tired of being there for your convience....when will they answer the phone when i need somebody to talk to....when will they see if i want to get out of the house and just get away...when will i learn. so i won't feel this anger or disappointment,,,,when will i get that one true friend that will be there for me and i can be there for them.....sorry just needed to get that off my chest. i just thought when i got older making true friends would be easier to find.....just feeling alittle lonely right now!! sigh*

mztxdelta

Asked by mztxdelta at 7:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• blah, screw friends! i dont think there is one true friend. well not in miami at least, everybody wants something!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 7:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i feel the same way your not alonecryingim sorryhugsill be your friend

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You know what? a true friend doesn't complain and accepts the friendship as is, doesn't make expectations and if something hurts your feelings it is good to speak it out, and let it out in the open, maybe then it would not happen as often.

Answer by older at 7:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I know how you feel sorry momma ((((HUGS))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• thanks ladies for the hugs....and @older...i justed needed to vent, but i hear what you saying.
    mztxdelta

Comment by mztxdelta (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• op, I have had a friend for over 35 years, and we still have the connection because we have never expected nothing less that what comes from the heart, and if it doesn't it is ok too.

Answer by older at 8:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Liz, you have been reported, there is no need for your response, when you have shitty friends you weed them out and try again. I believe we all have someone out there we click with. Op I hear you, and I am sorry if you were hurt, but I would tell her how you feel.

Answer by older at 8:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• @older..yeah you right i will tell them how i feel...i think that is what bother me more because it is more than one friend....if it was just one than i think it would be easier because you could maybe make more sense of it but when it happen with more that one you feel like the fool and wonder what you are doing wrong....because you start second guessing yourself because you don't want to be used or feel like a doormat.
    mztxdelta

Comment by mztxdelta (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• OP, this is how you weed out bad friends, use your instinct, maybe the problem is your second guessing. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, just giving you my life's experience.

Answer by older at 8:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• We see women attracting the wrong kind of man over and over and realize they are part of the equation. If this happens to your repeatedly with friends, you are right to ask yourself why. Your questioning means you are becoming aware of your role in this and ultimately this can help bring "true" friends into your life. Be willing to shed these unfulfilling relationships. Put yourself in situations where you will meet different people. If you can volunteer for a cause you care about, you will find like-minded friends.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 8:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2011