What can I take for colds?

It seems like I constantly have a cold. When I do get it to go away it's back a few days later. I am so miserable!

1sttimemom512

Asked by 1sttimemom512 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't take anything without calling your doctor they will give you a list of meds. that are safe for you. feel better.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sounds like you need to see your doctor before you go taking any kind of cold meds. I got really sick when I was 7 months pregnant. My doc said I could use Tylenol Cold medicine SPARINGLY.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No meds needed. Simply grate a 2 inch piece of greash ginger. Then grate up egual amounts of fresh garlic. Boil down in some water and then reduce heat and allow to thicken to a syrupy consistancy. Add a few tablespoons of honey. Allow to cool to room temperature and then refridgerate in a small jar with tight closing lid. SImpley take a couple tablespoons as needed. Will help with colds, flu, allergies, sinuses, aches, sore throat, ANYTHING! Keep some always made up on your fridge. ITs cheap, works great, and is safe for everyone to take. I administer when anyone even says they ar estarting to feel a little sick. Hubby and I have never even gotten full blown sick. Good Luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• There are many ways to fight it off without meds, but if you end up needed some, psuedophedrine is the only thing that was on my list when I was pregnant. Its harder to get but you can go to walmart or target or the grocery store and ask for it at the pharmacy. You have to show id and sign it out but it really works. Make sure its straight psuedo with no other ingredients or just go to the doc and they can write an rx for you. Thats the only med I will take for a cold.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008