Anybody been to a drag show?

There is finally going to be one in my area and I can not wait to go. A girl from RuPauls Drag Race is the headliner!!!!!

So if you been what was it like? From what I see on Youtube it is kinda a mix between a concert done by Britney Spears (lip synching) and a stip show (cause u give them tips). :P

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 7:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• OMG your going to have so much fun!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i HAVE BEEN TO DRAG SHOWS IN AMSTRERDAM, ATLANTIC CITY AND SAN FRANSISCO. THEY WERE EACH SO MUCH FUN. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE IN THAT FRAME OF MIND. JUST TAKE IT EASY AND THESE DANCERS ARE GYMNESTS. THEY ARE SO TALENTED THAT YOU ARE BOUND TO HAVE SOME FUN, REGARDLESS WHETHER THEY ARE DOING THEIR OWN ACT AS IN SAN FRANSISCO AND DANCED ON THE BAR, OR LIKE ATLANTIC CITY, WHERE THEY PRETEND TO BE FAMOUS STARS, YOU WILL LEAVE LAUGHING.
    I SAT IN THE FRONT. DO NOT DO THAT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE PICKED ON AT ALL. i HAVE LARGE BREATS AND THEY DID NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. TODAY I WOULDN'T APPRECIATE IT, BUT AT 22 IT WAS JUST FINE!!!!!
    CHESHIRECAT906

Answer by CHESHIRECAT906 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I've been, and honestly it bothers me that they don't sing. I mean, why is lip-syncing part of the show? It's like they're saying "I did so much work putting on this makeup, these glamorous clothes and these 10-inch heels that now I'm done, I can mouth the words to some other song and that's my ACT." Seriously, haven't they ever heard of karaoke? We have to put on makeup every day and you don't see women lip-syncing and calling it a performance. (However, I have seen drag kings - women who dress as men - and yup, they still lip-synced!
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 8:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Oh they do comedy lol Sweet. I sat front row at a comedy thing and they picked on my date lol I was like holding my breath. I can't wait!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't care bout them lip synching. It might be for the best LMAO!!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I love them my cousin does it and I love him/her depending on the night lol I have so much fun it's a nice release have tons of fun and take tons of pictures, who's headlining im kinda jealous i wont be there lol

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 12:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• :) Ms. Yara Sofia!!! :) I'm so happy someone is coming to Detroit. I didn't think anyone came out here lol I always see things for L.A. and NYC so yay!!! for me!!!!
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2011