Is there a weird new cafemom toolbar on your screen?

I've suddenly got a toolbar with a Toshiba tablet ad and "no friends online" and other things to select....what the heck is this?? Some new browser feature overlaying cafemom or is it part of cafemom? It is not appearing on other internet windows.

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 8:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Technology

• I'm sure it's been there all this time. It's just the ads are most likely more bolder then before and popping out at you. I'm sure it's just bugging you more now! I use google chrome and have an AD BLOCKER extension on it (Firefox also offers an AD BLOCKER extension). CM and other places look so much more "cleaner" you you block the ads! With the adblock on you will still see the toolbar but you will NOT have the ads, plus there are no ads at the top of the page either! You can see what I mean if you visit my profile. I have pictures uploaded.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It's not on mine ... what browser are you using? I have Google Chrome.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Not exactly, every once in a while the format will change but come back, it drives me batty. Don't know why!

Answer by older at 8:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• using Firefox
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I use firefox and I have it. I've always had it though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• no don't see that either. am useing goggle chrome.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It's the bar at the BOTTOM of the screen! It said things like "share page" "recent & popular" "Hot topics" on the left hand side and on the right hand side it will tell you if your friends are on or offline. If they are online you can chat with them in a chat box (similar to facebook).

It also has ADS that appear on the left hand side as well. Although if you us an AD BLOCKER with your browser then you most like never see the ADS and how annoying they can be seeing they tend to "pop up". It is NOT something new to cafemom it's been here for a while and you should see it no matter what browser you are using.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• SAHMinIL2 you described it exactly! It just showed up in my Cafemom yesterday. I am "bothered" by extra toolbars crowding up the screen and I definitely would have noticed this before, had it been there.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011