Are you going to be able to take a vacation in 2009???

I am so sad...this is the first year we wont be able to go to FL....$ is tight,,,,,,,,,,,what a bumma,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Travel

• Vacation? WTF is a vacation? I am 35 years old and have NEVER gone on vacation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We go to FL every year, but we have a few secrets that help us. First don't go in peak times like April or the summer months. Wait until Sept or Oct. Most kids get a fall break. Go then. Also rent your place through an individual. Best place to look is vrbo.com. Most of these people rent their own condos out and you can get them cheaper than if you rent through a service. We go every october and for 6 of us, we spent $1000 on our room, gas, food and we shopped a little. We out out once and played on the beach all day. This is for a 4 day vaca. Summertime would have cost us over $2500 possibly more.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I am pretty sure we will be taking our vaca...just don't think it will be outside of the US...I am too nervous to travel abroad with the way things are in the world.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If you consider going back home to see family a vacation, then yes. We go back home to Oklahoma for a week or so and then also go to Hawaii where his family lives for a week or so every year. We make those two trips every year to see family, but no real vacation.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yes, we have several trips planned. I agree with momofsaee. Great info. I will take a look at that!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 5:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yep... we are actually planning on a surprise trip to Disney World in March. Dh has a ton of points and we are going to use about 300,000 of them and stay in a hotel on resort for 4 nights. I think that we will ask my mom to go along with us since our youngest dd will only be 7 months old.

We may go on a cruise and I know that we will at least go see dh's parentals and my mom in Fl as well.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well we usually do at least one trip a year.. a big one with some smaller ones. Right now I am working with my company to go to Cancun in Oct. I will have to pay nothing if I earn it. I am pretty close to earning me already and just have to earn hubby.. and then can earn money to cover the flight. It is an all inclusive hotel and arbonne picks up the bill. It sounds great so I have till July to earn him and the airfare. Should be able with that much time.. We usually go to NJ shore for a week in July and I know we want to do something else. Not sure what yet.
    We did Disney World in Sept this past year... Great time of year to go if you can! We also use a friends condo and only pay I think it is $500 for the whole week and we share it with my parents. My mom is working on earning that Cancun trip too. We work together.. lol Just did a journal on it too.. lol Good luck!
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 3:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• YEP and I can't wait. I'm taking my daughter to Disney for the first time...and I'm taking her over the 4th of July when they do the fireworks and everything. She is at the perfect age where she will really get into seeing the princesses and characters so I'm really looking forward to it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My daughter is due this months. So I am going to go see her in May. She's in Germany. So I'm waiting tell the weather is better.

Answer by louise2 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We're taking 2 mini vacations. We're going to Philadelphia (Sesame Place), and Virginia Beach for a 4 day trip, and then going to Canada in early May to see the falls and do a few things in Ontario for 2-3 days.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008