Ugh wtf did I do wrong?

Ok so I just used the loreal hi color hi lights in red as I have before, but its been a few years. So I used 30 developer and my hair was completely soaked also I used a comb to make sure I got all my hair. Well I didn't and some places just are my brown color. I's not really bright either...so can I do it agian? Should I use a 40 developer?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 8:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yikes!!! this is why I use to do this with the ready mixes, follow instruction booklet and go. Sorry can't help, hope it comes out as you want it.

Answer by older at 8:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Use a 40 developer. How long did you leave it on? Add 15 minutes
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would try it again using the 40..possibly letting it sit longer.
    Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 9:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• OMG,, hairstyist here,, no no no 40 Vol,,, you missed some spots or something,,never put a higher volume on,, I need ot know exactly what you used, highlights only? all over,, ?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• PS--if you already had color on you hair that may have been what happened,, go get a cap,, use 20 vol,, and bleach,, make sure you pull small strands,, you can tone with non ammonia color later,, but this will get you by until Easter is over.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• the right tools in the wrong hands, kimigogo...this is why you shouldn't try things with haircolor when you don't understand how to use it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I left it on for an hour. My roots are great its the bottoms that are darker by alot. I did buy a 40 developer and am giognt o do it agian in like 30 mins
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have used this hair color before and it has lifted my hair to the RED from a dyed black color. My mistake I see now is that I didn't use a 40 developer and I did my roots first cause I had a mommy brain moment, yay for dying hair while kids are running in and out lol. They figured out how to open the baby gate lol. So I am doing it agian tonight, using the 40 and hte tube of color. I do not need to bleach or anything because this is made for dark hair. It's a non bleaching hair color it will make you blond red wtfe colors they offer that you wish no bleaching needed that's why I used it because it's not as damaging to my hair :)
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2011