For those of you who have kids in Sports

Who here thinks their kids will really go on in the sport they play to become professional? I don't want to sound concieded but my middle son is an awesome first basemen! :)

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 9:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Not mine! They play because its fun. We have wayyy to many moms & dads around here that are relying on their children to be "stars" to pay for college, These kids are 6 &7.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My kids do it for fun. My son practices football all the time but I'm not counting on him going pro!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My kids love football and they're pretty good at it, but I don't expect them to get to the pros. I mean, there are how many high school football players competing for a spot on a college team, then how many college players competing for even fewer pro teams. The chances of any one player making it are just so slim. I just want my kids to do their best and enjoy themselves. I'd love for them to get a scholarship like their dad did, to help out with their educational costs. And I'd love for them to get drafted like their dad did so they would have the opportunity to play the sport they love for a living. But if tomorrow they decided they wanted to do something else, that's fine too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My kid's play sports because they enjoy them. We allow them to play/try any sport they want . Right now our dd is enjoying swimming a couple of times a week, she had also played ball and is involved in martial arts. Our son has played baseball and has been involved in martial arts since age 7 simply because he really enjoys it. At 16, he teaches and while I'm sure he'll do other things, right now he says he'd like to have his own martial arts studio some day.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2011