I must stop eatting my self to death... any tips?

I can't stop eatting.... all day and night. HELP.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Try to distract yourself when you feel like eating. Paint your nails or brush your teeth so you can eat.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Go see your doctor and ask for an appetite suppressant, prescribe by a doctor. When you start loosing weight because you are not hungry enough to eat like before, you will loose weight the trick is to gradually wean you out of them.

Answer by older at 9:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm dieting and whenever I want to eat, I take a walk or do some kind of exercise. lol OR I try to put on the jeans I used to be able to fit in. That really helps.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Munch on free calorie foods, like green peppers, salad with little dressing, grapes, watermelon, any type of food that has a lot of water and not much food will fill you but not fatten you!!
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Find out why you are really eating. Usually you are eating to take up time, hide from something, etc. There is usually a lot more that goes into why you are eating yourself to death. It is not just because you like food!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 9:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Most of the time when we feel hungry it's mistaken from thirst. Since thirst is a weak feeling, we commonly think that we are hungry.

Try drinking more water and snacking on good foods like celery with PB, apples with PB, carrots with fat free ranch. They are harder to digest so you stay full longer. And they burn more calories digesting than they have in them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I was just going to bring up what Jade kind of mentioned. Google "negative calorie foods" and there is a whole list of food that burns more calories to digest than they contain. Mostly fruits and veggies. I have a hard time limiting my food intake without feeling like I am on a diet. With that list of food, I know I can eat as much as I want...plus they're packed with vitamins and fluid, so you get those health benefits too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Are you paying any attention to hunger signals, or just eating for the sake of eating? I agree that most often we mistake thirst for hunger. Try drinking at least 8 glasses a day of water. Ask yourself when you go to eat, am I hungry or bored? I know I've spent a lot of time eating out of habit or boredom. It took a lot for me to finally stop. It takes work paying attention to hunger signals. Eat every 3 hours or so, just eat small portions. I space out 3 meals and 2 snacks throughout the day. Also, switch any refined grains to whole grains. Add fruits and veggies to your diet. Cut back on snack foods and sugary and processed foods. They are formulated to keep you eating (and buying) more. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• lots of water, if you get a craving when its not meal time eat a fruit or vegetable, .. musicpisces lost weight doing what she told you & inspired by her I have gotten rid of my white flour & switched to whole wheat, also got rid of my white sugar & replaced it with splenda..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Aw, thanks maiahlynn! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2011