How do you get a 10 year old to not watch your every move? ha!

f1tmama

Asked by f1tmama at 9:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Lol...this really is a GOOD 'problem' to have. However, a sure fire way of getting her to stop following so closely is to put her to work! Whatever you are doing (washing the dishes, laundry, whatever) have her help you. She will either find something else to do or become a good helper to you ~ that is a win/win situation if you ask me! Good luck Momma! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Accidently stomp on his toes, then tell him if he wasnt underfoot his toes would feel much better :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Play hide and seek :)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When you find out, let me know. If I am gone long enough to pee, someone is looking for me. In fact, this morning I WAS peeing and my daughter busted through the door and screamed "I found her" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• use a blanket,,,
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• She just told me she doesn't like hide and seek!
    f1tmama

Comment by f1tmama (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes, sometimes, I lock them out of my room to shower and I get out to find them there waiting for me! They have their own bathroom! All day, my 10 year old right here! Her dad asked her if she wanted to go with him to get ice cream and she turned it down with the reasoning to be she would just stay with mommy! Well, guess I should be blessed, but a breath ALONE would be nice!
    f1tmama

Comment by f1tmama (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• @7blessings So true! I had her unload the dishwasher and she came back and asked me if there was anything else. I said yes, please make sure your room is straightened up and bathroom. Funny thing...she never came back and asked again. Then it was time for bed. I just needed a little breather. She said too bad daddy is sleeping with you because I could. Maybe being pregnant with 3rd baby is making her want her Mama!
    f1tmama

Comment by f1tmama (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011