How much is a courthouse wedding? in AZ I CANT FIND ANSWERS!!!

I know that the licence is 72.00 but does justice of the peace cost anything? What fees are there? I would call but they are closed today. lol

How much am I going to be spending by the end of the day????

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 9:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I know from experience that different J.P.s have their own charges so it can vary. The courthouse should have a list of people you can call from J.Ps to mayors to people who have a license to marry people. We found a Mayor in another town that did a really quick simple thing (literally no vows) for nothing. GL!!
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 9:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Here in GA, they are free when you buy the license. They just only do it one day a week, only during a certain time of the day, and you can't bring children unless they will have a babysitter who is not either the bride or groom. We found out about it because there was a sign up in the waiting room at the courthouse where we go the license. Perhaps that's where you'll find your answers also. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Our state the Judge that presides over the marriage charges what they want and you can get a list at the courthouse via the phone or on the website... do they have that for you as well?
    sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 9:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011