HELP!!! DS (23 months old) refuses to poop in his diaper or his potty! adult content

He will cross his legs real tight to keep the poop inside. There have been plenty of times when it was hard for me to uncross them and he would then poop but now he just won't. I think he may be constipated but he refuses to eat as well. He will poop for DH but not for me. I am worried he might get sick so I am going to setup an appointment w/his doctor if suppositories don't work.

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They have childrens stool softeners you can use. He wont be able to keep in it and then realise that he has to go when he has to go.(my doc suggested it)
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 9:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have had to use children's glycerin suppositories for my DS. My DS was 5 mos. old when he became constipated. The pediatrician told me use them rectally. They will help your DS with his constipation. My DS did what you DS is doing because he experience pain when he had a bowel movement. Could this be the reason your DS is having his problem? It's just a thought.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011