How did I keep my son interested in potty training?

A few weeks ago my son was interested in potty training and now hes not so how do I keep him interested? He was going pee in his potty but not now.

angmarie0925

Asked by angmarie0925 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I would wait until he shows an interest again IMO boys are easier to train when they are older,, DS was 3 and it happened over a weekend/
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have potty trained 3 boys. I have discovered that they love to pee on bushes and trees in the backyard. The other day, I caught my youngest DS (4) peeing off of our deck. I have taught my 2 oldest DSs how to check a wire fence to see if it is an electric fence. They know that if it has electricity running through it, they know not to pee on it. I grew up in the country where it was absolutely necessary for all of us kids to know that little tid bit. :)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my son did the same thing and for him he just wasnt ready he was peeing and doing soo good going on the toilet for like a week straight and then he decided he didnt want to do it anymore and for him there was no convincing i just had to keep asking him everyday and i gave him a goal to work towards he really wanted an ipod touch (dont ask) and i told him as soon as you go pee in the potty then we'll get one it took him a couple months before he was fully potty trained! he is just potty trained for the last month and half and he just turned 4 this april! good luck hope this helps!
    angie5430

Answer by angie5430 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011