Pre teen friendships

I have a daughter that is almost 12. She has a male friend her age that lives in out neighborhood. I have a friend who's son is 12 and these two boys became friends this year. They leave her out of everything now. She used to be close to these boys seperately but now the one boy doesn't hardly even acknowledge her. Any advice? She really gets her feelings hurt. I tried to explain that they are boys and they have more in common. She doesn't get it.

Pambelo

Asked by Pambelo at 9:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• A couple years from now both those boys will be wanting to be more then friends. she does not understand right now that. Boys will be boys.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes friends and cis mom supervation
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• She really needs some "girl friends". Try to get her to invite a girl or two over or to go see a movie or bowling or something. I hate to say it , but it sounds like the boys only want to hang out with her when there is nobody else to hang out with.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Pre teen friendships
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• She does have some girlfriends just none that live in our neighborhood. The one boy that doesn't live in our neighborhood, his mom is a friend of mine. She is kind of like that though, she only calls when she can't find anyone else to talk to. Unfortunately she has taught her son the same. She is a single mom and we help her out a lot. She is always telling us how much she appreciates us but sometimes I wonder.
    Pambelo

Comment by Pambelo (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Why not get her involved in activities in your community so she can meet other girls? I had to do this with my daughter and it has worked out great....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011