If you have an Ex..did you keep pics of them for your kids or did you get rid of everything? and where do you keep the pics?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep I kept them and they are in a photo album with her baby book in the top of her closet and dh is fine with it, he understands that its her dad and she needs to have those pics. She is only 4 so I'm sure when she is older she will be happy to have those to look at.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I kept them. And put them in a box. In the closet. When the kids want to see them, they tell me, I can get them. And since that's ALL they see of him (for almost three years now, because he SUCKS), I figured I might as well save them.

If it were just me, I would have tossed most of them a long time ago. I'm not a fan of that guy.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 9:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Make a book for your kids it nice for them to have something like that. I think it fine if my dh or so had a problem they would have to deal its not a bf it my kids father ( if i wasnt married to my kids dad that is lol)
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have an ex but I didn't keep any pics of him. I figure if he wants them to have pics of him, he'll make sure they have them.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Nope, threw everything out. Doesn't matter anyway since he hasn't shown his face since she was 1 month old and she is going to be 5 this year. Plus, she has a father anyway who is my husband and has been there for us since she was 6 months old.
    Anonymous

• I kept photos. my oldest is 5 and adores her dad. she had a photo in her room by her bed until recently
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't think I have many photos of the kids' "dad". If I do, they're probably in a box in the garage somewhere, but I've really no idea. He left before the kids were born and and I haven't heard from him since. They'll be sixteen next month. I guess it wouldn't have hurt to show the kids pictures, but I don't really see any need to. I know my daughter and I consider him little more than a sperm donor. I will say. I think it's hard on my son though.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• For those whoes ex took of as a child they most likely would still be curious to see what their dad looked like. So i still think its nice to at least give them thats since their dad was never apart of their life. Its sad :(
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I sent them to my ex.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Personally I think that photos need to be saved for the children in the future than it's up to them what they do with them. Just because you hate your ex doesn't mean your child shouldn't have any memories to look back on.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 1:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2011