Has anyone ever worked at Applebee's?

What's it like, and about how much do you make in tips on a given day? I know all restaurants are different, I'm just looking for some estimates. The restaurant that I might work at is in a good location that gets a lot of traffic during lunch and on the weekends. What sort of people can I expect as customers?
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. :)

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 10:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was a server there for a year, then a manager for a couple years, then back to server (by choice). For lunch shift, I was always first cut (I had to get out in time to pick up my kids from school) and I made around $50-75, except on Fridays when I was last cut and usually made at least $100. Mondays were the slowest and then it built up until the weekend. Weekend nights I was also usually first cut by choice and usually made $100 (for 3 hours - 6-9pm). Sunday lunches were usually good too. I started off slow and built up a base of regular customers who knew me and would tip well, so even if it was a slow shift I almost always had a regular who would show up and up my tips. But I knew servers from other locations who didn't do so well, so it depends on the area.

Answer by missanc at 10:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes it sucks! they take a percentage of what you do in food sale out of your tips to tip out the host and bar tender..after they take that from you..it feels like you are walking away with only half your tips.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Ours took a percentage of our tips (15% on weekends and supper, 10% for weekday lunch). But almost all restaurants take either a % of your tips or a % of your sales to tip the buspeople and bartender - it's a good idea to find out which before you start work.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011