Has any one had Preeclampsia

i just had a baby 8 in a half months ago and am now pregnant with second i had Preeclampsia
so bad with my first it came on over night and i had to have an emergency c section im so nervous to get it again with this pregnancy has anyone had that with there first and not there second?

MrsBudrow88

Asked by MrsBudrow88 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes i had it with my first and not my second.i was induced 3 and a half weeks early with my first and had a very rough delivery bacouse of it,but was perfectly fine with my second.
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• how long did you wait before you had your second
    MrsBudrow88

Comment by MrsBudrow88 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No I never had it so I'll just bump you, congrats, and good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Two words. BREWER DIET. It's a high-protein diet specifically formulated to hold off pre-E. I had it with my first and used the Brewer Diet for my seconds and had zero problems with my blood pressure. There's a lot of food on it, but it really REALLY does help.

http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/

You can also have a VBAC if you want.

http://www.ican-online.org/

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• hey i had it with my first baby she was born at 29wks 2days and i had a horrible time mine also came on overnight and i almost died bc my dr was a freak and didnt believe something was wrong with me...anywho i think i am preggo now and i am having the same worries...i have heard from several other women it does not effect the second pregnancy that its mainly in the first...im glad you asked the question and i hope you get answers for me and you both lol....congrats and prayers for you that this time is a breeze!!!!!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Load up on the Vitamin C and E! They should help to keep your blood levels semi normal! Best of luck!
    Cristi1004

Answer by Cristi1004 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had Pre-eclampsia, HELLP syndrome and pulmonary edema with my first. He was born by emergency c-section at 32 weeks. He only lived 9 days. With my second I didn't develop any problems (I became pregnant 6 months after my first). I was on bedrest after 6 months but that was just in case because I ended up in ICU with my first. I was induced at 38 weeks with my second because my blood pressure went slightly above normal and they didn't want to take any chances. I am currently 14 weeks with my third (8 years after my second baby). My doctor has decided not to put me on bedrest unless I show signs of a problem. Just remember, every pregnancy is different... just because you had problems with one doesn't always mean you will have problems with the next. I know it's scary but hang in there and think good thoughts.. try not to stress too much! Good luck and Congratulations!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 12:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2011