Does any mother know about the condition "macrodactyly"?

My son Raheem is suspected to have this condition. The second digit on his left foot is at a abnormal size in comparason to the rest of his toes. I have done x-rays and an ultrasound of the toe. It revealed that he has excessive growth of his soft tissue. This is a rare condition. Doctors here in Jamaica is baffled about it. All they have suggested that we observed it to see if it is progressive or static.

I am so afraid---I read up on it.......it may require surgeries.....etc.......I would like to talk to anyone here on this forum who knows anything about it..........

JAgirl

Asked by JAgirl at 8:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Discovery Health did a special about it. It's very rare, but not life threatening. Your son will adapt because that's what he knows.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sorry I can't give you any first hand advise, but if you haven't already , go to www.webmd.com and there may be other parents there that you can chat with about it.
    MeloBrown

Answer by MeloBrown at 10:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Thank you for your advice(s)/answers. Most appreciated. I will take up on your advice Melobrown
    JAgirl

Answer by JAgirl at 8:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2008