Question for moms that have had a c-section

Ok I had an emergency c-section in April 09'. The spot where my scar is has never bothered me until now. Its a bikini line. I think that's what it is called. The past week or so if I move a certain way it will hurt. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it. It feels like the muscle is pulling I guess. I've been trying to lose weight and I've tried push ups but it hurts really bad in that spot so I quit. So my question is has anyone else gone through this? Is it normal after so long? I know it probably sounds like a dumb question but I wanted to ask. Its just uncomfortable sometimes. Do you think its just because I'm becoming a lot more active? Any input is really appreciated. I didn't know what category to put this under. :/

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• What happens is all of those nerves and muscles are trying to regroup from a very invasive surgery.
    It will take awhile.
    It doensnt hurt to baby that area for awhile.
    My son is 4 and sometimes my c-section scar itches like crazy!!
    Hang in there mama!
    Sounds like normal stuff to me :)
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 10:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I get that way and I have had 3 c-sections. It was so bad I saw a General Surgeon who said they were adhesions stretching (bands of scar tissue).
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Those muscles were cut in half. Any tone they had before is completely lost. SO any kind of work out you are doing is like starting on square one for those muscles. The more you do the more sore it will be, just like pushing any other muscle. As you tone back up it will not be as frequent and eventually stop.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• A very good friend of mine had two c-sections, the last one 21 years ago and she can not wear jeans to this day because it causes pain at or near the site.. Many women still have some type of discomfort moving one way or another while others never have an issue.. I would take with your OB about it just to make sure tho..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• After 10 years, mine still bothers me if I do too much.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Ok thank you :) I wasn't sure what was happening
    tnvplus2

Comment by tnvplus2 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• it can take a while to completely heal it took me a while before i could do a good work out again even a year later sometime i will still get a little sore rite in there
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I still have discomfort on occasion, but nothing too bad and DS was born in 2007. I am always rubbing Vitamin E lotion on it to help things out...
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011