Is it safe to get a tattoo while 6 months pregent?

my step mom wants me to get a tattoo in june i will be 71/2 months pregent ive always heard it wasnt safe to get tattoos while pregnet..any facts or advice?

proudteenmom13

Asked by proudteenmom13 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No! And no good, respectable clean artist will ink you while you are pregnant!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• They usually say no because of the risk of disease, infection, and skin irritation.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No, I have heard you should not get a tattoo while pregnant. Just wait , what's the rush? It's not worth the worry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Plus, most women are more bloated when pregnant than when not, so after you have baby, the picture wouldn't look right anyway.

Depending on where you plan to get it, I would suggest waiting till after you're done having babies, and get to the weight you feel most comfortable with before getting a tat, but that's JMO.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No and they won't do it if you are pregnant anyway... You have to sign a waiver saying you aren't' as well... at least in this state.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• NO! Absolutely not. Wait until after Baby is born. Please. It is so not worth the risk
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yeah i agree don't risk it
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would seriously question your step mom's mentality. It is not safe to get one when you are pregnant. Keep in mind, to even give blood, you have to have had NO tattoos in the last year before donating since Hep B or C is a big risk (can't remember which one).

also as PP states, no reputable tat artist will give you one if you are pregnant and it's not like you are going to easily hide it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• PREGNANT.
    I don't know. Your Stepmother wants you to get a tattoo? How classy. Not.
    I think tattoos are a waste of money and they look tacky and cheap and low casss.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I like to look tacky, cheap, and low class. People without tattoos look like uppity bitches.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011