If you found someone's ashes in a storage unit that you bought....... (didn't know what category to put this in)

would you just laugh and think it was funny and say that you're just going to throw the ashes in the trash and say that it's just ashes, not a body or anything?

I read about someone who found these ashes and at first she said that they just threw them away in the trash. Later they said that they talked to the police and they took the ashes into evidence.

The lady's attitude just bugs me. It's so disrespectful. And I think a dead body is a dead body whether it's cremated or not. Those ashes belonged to a person and just because it's they're cremated doesn't make their remains less human.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you!
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i'd tell the manager of the storage company, and have them get rid of it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I was someone's loved one. Id look for the previous owner and offer them the ashes. Maybe mail them to them, as they would probably want the rest of their stuff.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would let the manager handle it if I had know way of knowing who's they were or how to reach them
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't throw them out, I would go to the manager and find out who had the storage unit before and hopefully they can send the ashes to them.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would do my best to find the "owners" of the ashes. I couldn't throw their loved one in the trash. I mean i guess if i couldnt find the owner i would Take the ashes to a pretty river-stream-ocean and set them free.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't throw them away, but I wouldn't contact the person directly, since I bought all of their goods for a small price and I wouldn't want them to come after me .. haven't you seen the show Storage Wars, they sell those units for dirt cheap!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I agree except the people who had the storage before them obviously didn't care too much for the person either since they left them behind. I would also have expected the owner of the storage units to inspect the unit before renting it out again. That being said wouldn't have thrown them away, probably would have taken them to the owner or manager of the untis,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes, it was something like Storage Wars where they bought everything in the unit for really cheap. The previous renter of the storage unit couldn't be found, that's why the stuff got sold, it had been sitting there unclaimed and the rent not paid for a long time. So they couldn't have contacted them even if they wanted to. Apparently the police now have the ashes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That is just sad! I would track down the owner or take them to a nice body of water and let them go. wtf were they doing in a storage unit anyway?!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011