ANy witches here?

I was reading a question from earlier and several replied by saying they are witches and some said christian witch..

what is a witch exactly in real life and not tv..

what is the difference between regular and christian witch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Being a Witch isn't being a part of a religion... so anyone can learn/practice the Craft as a Witch and not have
    any religion at all or follow a religious belief and incorporate Witchcraft within their religion.

RL Witches uses the energies surrounding us all ... Universe, Nature, etc... and can (with practice) direct
    these energies toward an intent/purpose using (but not all do) special tools, such as herbs/candles/stones
    etc to help within the ritual/casting...

My mother is a Christian Witch (and I know many Christians feel this is beyond wrong).. she believes in one
    God (of the Bible) as the Trinity and has a deep connection with Angels... and she practices more Kitchen Witchery
    than anything else, grows own herbs (all kinds) reads cards and more, but she will tell you she is Lutheran a Christian..
    Bc she is...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Witchcraft is a practice, its not a religion. So saying you are a Christian Witch simply means you follow the basics of christianity plus you practice magick(using intent and energy to make change).

Im sure others can give more formal definations but for me saying magick is using intent and energy to create or make change is the best way to define it for those who dont know anything about it. Most witches use tools(like candles or oils or herbs)to help create those changes via spells.

Some compare spellwork to prayer(like when you light a candle at some churches and pray for something). Basically you are asking the Universe/Divine/Whatever you believe in to help you change something or gain something in your life but you must always remember to do your part to help create that change/gain...its not just gonna be given to you on a silver platter cuz you asked for it.

Cont'd...
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• What you see on tv is just make believe, tho in some movies they have used some real points/facts
    or acts of the Wiccan religion, but as for those wonderful powers that we all wish we had of the Charmed Sisters,
    those are NOT real that is tv magic ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I answered that question and mentioned I was a witch-ish kind of person. I said so mainly because there are parts of witchcraft that I still kind of incorporate into the practice of my Catholic beliefs. When I was more of an actual practicing witch, I mainly did a lot of candle magick. A Christian witch combines their beliefs as a Christian with their practice of the craft. Other witches don't believe in the Christian God, and some don't believe in any gods at all. There are many different kinds of witches who use any number of spells, using energies around them and any number of tools, that all have various results.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• TV witchcraft is smoke and mirrors...you cant really zap things into reality out of nothing. You cant shoot lazers out of your eyes or hands or whatever and have bad things disappear. Thats Hollywood hype to get money.

Although, I admit being able to zap things into being with just a flick of my wrist would be cool especially on days I dont really wanna clean or do dinner LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• "Although, I admit being able to zap things into being with just a flick of my wrist would be cool especially on days I dont really wanna clean or do dinner LOL. "

Dude, that would be sooo awesome! LoL! I could use some of that kind of magic right about now. My house is a mess and the dishes from dinner aren't done yet...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Amaranth361>>>Although, I admit being able to zap things into being with just a flick of my wrist would be cool especially on days I dont really wanna clean or do dinner LOL.

Ohhhhh.... Me too....LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I didn't read the other answers so please excuse me if I repeat them.

A witch is someone who uses witchcraft. Witchcraft is the use of energy to create change. Some use their own energy and others use energy from the universe (or God or Gods). Witchcraft has NOTHING to do with religious beliefs or faith and does not require a belief in God or any particular God.

A Christian Witch is someone who religiously is Christian, but practices the art of Witchcraft, or in other terms focuses energy, to create change in her world. For non-Christian witches, this energy could come from themselves or their Goddesses or their Gods or any other number of places. For Christian witches this is usually done following in depth prayer and meditation to and with YHWH or Jesus (depending on their denom.) and assuming with energy from him or with his blessing.

An example of Christian Witchcraft would be faith healing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Amaranth361 ... I would LOVE to have a combo of the Halliwell sisters' powers. Orbing would save so much $$$$ on gas!

Oh ... Sabrina and the others put it quite nicely.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011