Income

To all the SAHM's I am just wondering what it is that you would do to provide financial freedom to your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would do whatever it took. My family comes first. Right now, my son is in school and I am a substitute teacher. I only have 2 classes and a semester of student teaching to get my bachelor's degree in education, but I am choosing not to finish it right now, because my family needs me. I make my own schedule. This summer I will be starting a work at home job. I also cut coupons, make a budget, make my own cleaning products, etc. I basically get creative.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I really don't know how to take this question. In one way, it seems that you are implying that SAHM's don't contribute. In another way, it sounds like you are trying to advertise how, moms can "provide financial freedom" to their families. I believe that is one of the slogans for a Work at Home business. If you provide more details, you may get the answers that you are looking for.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I plan the budget which helps a lot. We've been able to pay off all our debt which to me is financial freedom. I also help plan the grocery list and meal menus. Really SAHM can help a lot with the finances even if they aren't bringing in an income.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• :)Well, that would be so easy for me to do it SOMEONE would leave me in charge of the $$'s!! I personally found my opportunity, I work from home, i was just curious what everyone else would give up. Personally, i refused to go out and get a job to pay it all out in babysitter fee's.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Pretty much, if it came right down to it and you just spent out every month than what you brought in, what extent would you go to to get rid of that problem. Work at moms do more than some men and other people give the,!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I've been working from home doing a number of things. I blog, I do consignment ebay, I have a home business with Wildtree and I have an affiliation with Amazon and BigCrumbs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What are your passions?Can you afford $19.95 a month with no parties,quotas, or inventory? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check:-) If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-)
    Good luck on your search!:-)
    Gift Basket Business 4 U
    Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2011