For my wedding

I'm beginning to plan my wedding...my father is very excited and has promised to be here. We've only met 3 times during my life but we talk a lot over phone and computer. He's going to fly in from North Carolina...to Colorado. (Last time we saw each other I went to North Carolina)
I'm planning to ask him if he'd like to stay at our house with us to spend as much time as possible with me and his new son in law and grandson.

My question is...would it be rude of me to ask him to pay for one thing for my wedding?
And if it isn't rude to ask him...how should I word it?

I wanted him to pay for my bouquet as a wedding gift...I'm unsure why but this would be very special to me. (After wedding I'm planning to put my flowers in a shadow box. AND we're having a backyard barbecue wedding)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd let him offer first. Don't put him on the spot.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• never ask for a gift. hence the word gift. a gift should be given freely not because it was requested..there is a difference. i would wait and see if he offers anything. that might say a lot about him.... a small gift would be nice though.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Just tell him how special it would be to you, and ask him if he CAN afford it.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• TACKY.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Please don't be rude....I obviously have no idea how to handle having my father in my life and I've never been married before. =/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2011