He called me a .... adult content

cunt.

I had said he was a child for playing his video game for 8 hours straight and he called me an old cunt. really, why do i put up with this crap

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't advocate hitting him. If you do, that is abuse. The same women on here that told you to do it would be the first ones that said to leave him if he hit you. Secondly, name calling is juvenile. So, calling him names in return is just wrong. Someone had to be the mature adult in the relationship. We all make poor decisions from time to time. Perhaps his over-indulgent video gaming and name calling are examples of that. You should sit him down and calmly talk to him about why these two issues bother you. Men don't think the same way we do. Maybe he just doesn't get why it bothers you and is not able to see why it is such a problem. Regardless, good relationships require communication, negotiation, and compromise. It is no wonder that so many marriages end in divorce when 13 people gave you the advice they did. Really, the best people could come up with was abuse, name calling, or severing your relationship?
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• that video game system would meet the sidewalk outside if it were me!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Sorry, but he would have been punched in the face. I do NOT put up with ANYONE calling me that vile disgusting word. My brother did it one time and he will NEVER even think of calling anyone that name again. How degrading and disrespectful can your SO be? Don't tolerate that from him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That's the ugliest word a woman can be called. If this is a normal occurrence then this is not the man for you.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Only you know why you tolerate anyone talking to you like that. 8 hours playing video games, how old is he 16?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My SO plays video games, bt he ows where the line is.
    I told him not to play vioent games with our DD around, and low and behold, he did. I asked him if he remembered me telling him that. He said yes. So i asked why then, it was on. He said because he can... His controller hit the floor and was broken. I told him that if he cant respect the rules that he had agreed on WITH me, I wouldnt be respecting his xbox crap.
    Has not done it since..
    Anonymous

• =(
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Ya then he's a dickhead...no one should be called that ugly word especially from their own spouse..... how rude & disrespectful.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You should have punched him hard for that one. Sorry
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• he'd just waste money on another one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011