Am I the only mom that doesn't do the dyed-egg, easter basket thing with their kids?

My dd is almost three, and I've never done anything special for Easter. Am I a bad mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't do it either. I consider Easter a religious thing and since I'm not religious I don't do anything period. Not coloring eggs doesn't make you a bad mom, that's just silly.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You're the only one that I know of....
    I'm pretty sure other factors would be relevant before i could call you a bad mom or not though.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No eggs here because we end up throwing most of them out but I see no reason not to celebrate spring with my family by giving my daughter a basket of inexpensive goodies and doing local egg hunts. I want her to enjoy her childhood like the rest of the kids and not feel left out when her friends are talking about it at school (she's in K).
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 11:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I always make Easter special, We go to mass ( Catholic) then we give them a fun ( homemade basket) and a religious basket , to represent the real meaning of Easter! We bake cookies, and dye eggs a few days before. We BBQ and honor Jesus on this glorious day! I do find it sad that people are not honor Jesus on this blessed day!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It just seems like Easter has become a mini Christmas-baskets filled with toys and candies, Easter egg hunts, etc.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't think that makes you a bad mom, but I love doing that kinda stuff. We actually haven't dyed eggs with him yet (he's only 18 months) and I just know it would be a disaster, lol. We'll try next year. I've gotten him Easter baskets for both Easters. Even though...my mom., aunt, and MIL all also got him Easter baskets FULL of stuff. I gave him the one from "the Easter Bunny" tonight so that he wouldn't be overloaded with stuff tomorrow.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• you don't have to do all that stuff. if you do what works for your family, you are a great mom :)
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 11:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It does not make you a bad mom. And yes, it has become a mini-Christmas for many people. Earlier this week in Answers there were lots of posts about what kids were getting and I was surprised that some parents get so much and spend so much money. Not my business and I'm not judging or bashing just saying it seemed like a lot of money. But hey, if they've got it and they want to spend it on their children; lucky kids!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• we don't celebrate the easter bunny and we don't color eggs I just buy the plastic ones and we have a small egg hunt at my in laws.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't do the dyed eggs or egg hunts (I let them do egg hunts with the neighbors though). I do like to do easter baskets, but I do spring themed items (flowers, cute bugs, etc). To me, the basket is a celebration of spring coming. We are religious, so we do have a huge dinner (like thanksgiving) and a special church service :D
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011