My 1 year old has WHITE poop adult content

I CHANGED MY BABY FROM FORMULA TO WHOLE MILK AVOID TWO WEEKS AGO. HE WAS STARTING TO GET CONSTIPATED SO I GAVE HIM SOME PRUNE JUICE AND HE STARTED DOING BETTER ON IT... WELL WITH IN THE LAST 3 DAYS IT'S BEEN TURNING FROM A LIGHT GREEN YO A OFF WHITE COLOR. I'M SO WORRIED...I GOOGLED IT AND A LOT OF STUFF CAME UP ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH LIVER.. HE'S NEVER HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE.. WHAT SHOUL I DO PLEASE HELP):

txmommy75939

Asked by txmommy75939 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ive never seen white poop before but my son has had really light yellow poop before that was almost like playdough consistancy. If it continues and he seems uncomfortable i would just give the dr a call never hurts!
    angie5430

Answer by angie5430 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Call his doctor asap. They'll advise you what to do, but I'd be concerned.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• thats not good at all.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• here's a bump get to the Dr. asap...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would call the doc. I was watching Dr. Oz a while back, and the lighter the poo is, it means they are not getting enough vitamins, etc. It was pretty gross when he was talking about it, but good to know.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes, call your doctor ASAP. It's not a good thing. They'll probably want to do a stool sample....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had the same thing happen when I switched my daughter to milk and I took a dirty diaper into her doc and he said it was because she was drinking too much milk and not getting enough other foods. To be on the safe side you should probably do something similar, or at least have him see a doctor.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• YOu can call the doctor but most likely it is from the switch to milk.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My sons poop was white from 9 mos to currently, He went though lots of tests because his doctor was concerned for his liver. In the end, it turned out my son had an adrenal problem his calsium and phosphate were though there roof. He is doing fine, and its just being monitered :) I'd call your doc just in case though, the test for his liver function is a simple blood draw.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2011