Has anyone ever experience this with their legs?

For the past 2 weeks or so, I've not been hardly able to raise my legs more than 5 inches off of the floor. The left is worse than my right. I have to put my panties and pants on the floor and scoot my feet in them to put them in. I can't cross my legs nor cross them at the ankles. When I try it hurts so bad in the upper part toward the inside of the thigh area.
If you or someone you know has had this to happen do they know what it is and did they find out how to help it. I went to my dr. and she just said to use heat and ice well that doesn't do squat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• Oh my goodness.... I don't know but here is a bump! GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• hmmm no here's a bump sounds like it may be more serious then just icing it & heat?? do ya have varicose veins? hope ya get better soon...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm having an issue similar, but I'm 23 weeks pregnant and its my hips that prevent me from getting dressed easily/being in a lot of pain. go back to the dr and tell them its not helping. Or switch to a different dr.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Try another doctor.
    Anonymous

• sarasmommy777 no I don't have varicose veins. I don't know what it could be. All I know is that it hurts to raise them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• ya go see another Dr. if ya can for sure for a 2nd opinion
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yeah, your doc is a quack!! You heat to stretch a muscle, you ice to reduce pain and inflammation. She should have suggested one or the other. Go back and tell her that's NOT working... it should have worked after 3 days... if not you need another solution. Could be so many things... Lyme decease, ortho issue, nerve issue, something... tell her she NEEDS to figure it out, or refer you so someone who CAN help!!!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Did you do a lot of walking or stair climbing recently? It sounds like a nice long soak in a hot bath night help some.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Oh wow I don't know but hopefully you can find a doctor who can help!
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It could be that you did something to strain your muscles. That would cause loads of pain in the thigh area. Doesnt sound like your doc is being very helpful, perhaps you should get a second opinion.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011