Is dating out of the question when your pregnant?

I am 3 months pregnant and am currently seperated from my baby's father. As much as I love him I cannot continue to subject myself to his "ways" any longer. I will tell him, "It's over!" and "I'm done!", but he no longer seems to take me seriously or act like he cares. I beleive he thinks I will just apologize (even when I'm not at fault) and come back around since I'm pregnant. I want to stay strong and stick to my guns, but right now I have been so needy and get to missing him. If it's him or just the intimacy...I don't know. I want a strong supportive male around and obviously the father isn't that. So is it wrong for me to be with someone else who is not the father?

andie87

Asked by andie87 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow. I think you need to focus on yourself and the baby right now. I also think it's somewhat unfair to ANY guy to bring them in 3 months into a pregnancy for a baby that's not theirs. And what if it works out for a year or so and baby gets to know another guy as the male figure in their life and then something happens and he walks away? Lots of complicated issues here...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I'm not sure, that's hard one. If I was in your shoes I wouldn't be with anyone while I was pregnant I would stay single and then after the baby was born think about getting back into the dating scene. It's just weird to me to date while pregnant.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I personally wouldnt do it....I think that you should probably first...give yourself some time to get over your ex....you don't want to get involved with another guy just because your lonely...don't give men that much power. And like Anon said, would it really be fair to you or the baby to bring another man into your life right now? What if it doesnt work out? I think you should probably just take a little "me" time right now. jmo
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No it isn't wrong, though it's not often you'll find a man who will take a chance on becoming attached to a soon to be born child so early on in a relationship in case things don't work out. My sister was 5 months pregnant when she started dating her husband but they'd known each other for years. A guy I lived next door to growing up started dating a girl when she was about 7 months pregnant and even signed the birth certificate because the bio dad wasn't around, they had another baby together but eventually broke up however because they'd been together awhile he still raises both kids as his own and legally the older one is his because he's on the birth certificate. So its not impossible to find a new guy while pregnant and if you find a good man than there is nothing wrong with it.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think it's irresponsible & trashy to date men while you are pregnant...that is just my opinion though.

It's not about you right now, it's all about your baby. Stop thinking about what you need & start thinking what your baby needs & is going to need once it's born.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes, I definitly don't want any other man or have any plans for seeing anyone else I'm just angry more than anything because I want him to care! I don't want to be selfish and I know that the baby should be the main concern right now. I just feel as though I have to burn a house down to get his attention and it frustrates me to tears. I suppose the more appropriate question would be how to get over him. Again, though I love him so much it's not healthy for the baby or myself to be so stressed out over this. I just wish it was easier to make up my mind whether I want to stay with him or not. Though these hormones have made me completly insane and irrational at times I think a lot of my true feeling are coming out as well...it's just been hard to decipher.
    andie87

Comment by andie87 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i personally would stay single and take some time to myself!!! but then if u meet that one person that dont care that your pregnant and treats u like a queen and will except and take care of u and ur child then i would say date them but dnt go out looking for it!!! my friend was pregnant and met a guy through friends and he just loved her belly and everything then was there when the baby was born and told ppl that was his kid, she wasnt out looking for him it just happend
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Definitely stay single. Hormones are a b**** right now, which makes things even harder for you. It will take time, but you can't make someone come around. Once you move on with your life, he might realize how much he effed up, then again he might not, and you will be happier that you did it sooner rather than later. Good luck to you, and please stay strong. Everyone deserves to have someone there that loves and respects them. Think of your little baby!
    ConnorMom228

Answer by ConnorMom228 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011