Oh, Holy Moly, I need help.

So I've always thought the "How can I get a grape juice stain out of my tan couch?" thing was funny, until I was cleaning up the living room a few minutes ago, picked up a coloring book off of the love seat, and discovered, hidden underneath it, this:

It's green marker. She didn't color the couch, just left the uncapped marker sitting on it, and the couch absorbed the ink. I wasn't even aware that my 3 year old DD had found the hidden marker stash.  AHHHHHH!

*BTW, it's microfiber.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If it's washable marker, start with resolve or another upholstery/carpet cleaner. Microfiber cleans pretty easily, but that's a lot of ink. Try to blot, not rub, since it'll move the stain around. I have to say, I've cleaned washable marker of my tan microfiber dozens of times, but never a big pool of ink like that. If it's not washable, I'd still start with upholstery cleaner, but you probably need to move on to something like oxyclean afterward.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think like Anon said..that Resolve would work....it's for carpets but I use it on my microfiber couch and it seems to do the trick
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• hahaha

resolve in that red spray bottle ...or is that for carpets? bah
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• jaw dropOh no!!!!

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I know that feeling. What kind of marker was it?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Is the fabric removable? I mean, is there a zipper so you can remove it from the cushion? If so, i'd try to steam clean it first just to get as much off of it as possible. Then you might consider using Tide Stain remover. That stuff is amazing! My husband had a hockey jersey for 10 years that had a huge blood stain on it. I washed in with Tide stain remover and it came out completely perfect.... you can't even see a trace.
    Just a thought. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If you wash your hands with oxyclean and water that should come off your hands (may be a bit harsh but should work). May even work with the furniture as well.

PS I'm previous anon, didn't laugh to be mean, just am amazed at what some kids do to stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Oh, MY!!!! They make a product called oops and one called goof off. But you have to do a spot test first to make sure it will not take the color out the couch. You can also use it to remove the marker from your hands. Good Luck. BUMP!
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Throwcover and then don't get a new couch until she is about 15.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• This is why we bought old second-hand furniture. We'll get nice stuff when the kids are all grown! It's just not worth the hassle and constantly having to reprimand kids who are just being kids, not malicious.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2011