Does anyone else have a loving and dysfunctional relationship with their SO/DH?

To anyone who doesn't know us they'd probably think my DH and I can't stand each other. We playfully bicker and call each other names. We'll purposely irritate each other. We'll sometimes say "I hate you" but always with a smirk and we both know it really means "I love you but you're fucking annoying me". I tell him all the time I only married him for his money, which he knows isn't true. I tell him his family loves me more than they love him, he tells me the same about my family. It's dysfunctional I know but we rarely have real fights and we're always doing romantic things as well, we're affectionate and tell each other "I Love You" about a dozen times a day. By the way the dysfunctional side we hide when the kids are around, we figured we'll wait until they're old enough to understand that we don't mean the things we say. I honestly think we are this way because my parents and his parents are the same way, hopelessly in love but playful in a very screwed up way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I sure do, no one understands us and that's what makes the relationship so special. There is no cookie cutter way to have a relationship, it's whatever works for you :)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• omg yes.. we don't act like that all the time but there are phases. it sure makes for some hot nude and crude action though...
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Lol...hey whatever works for you mama! =) I think that anyone on the outside looking in would probably think that DH is "running things" and a bunch of other stuff...but our relationship works for us and thats all that matters =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You totally just described mine and hub's relationship, LOL!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That's not dysfunctional. Dysfunctional is when the family can't function properly as a result. Hence, "dysfunctional". That's just teasing and fun. My hubby and I joke like this too. I'll say, "Go make me a sammich, Bitch" and things like that. He'll tell me to get a fucking job first. It's fun. And no, we don't really fight much, and when we do, we're very respectful when we argue.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We do that too. We're always SO sarcastic with each other. But, we always crack up too....we laugh a lot...all the time, which i think is so important for keeping a happy marriage!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• you just described me and my hubby. however at a xmas party a couple yrs ago the ppl we were around did not understand and they viewed it negatively. i now have to act accordingly at company functions because ppl felt we were having marital issues..ooops
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011