Do you feel that your children sometimes take you forgranted?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No, I've never felt that way but at the same time I was never an enabler either. My line was, you want it, earn it, lol And they did.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Not just my children but my husband. They just expect me to do all the work while they just lie around relaxing and enjoying the fun parts. Then they get mad when I expect them to pull their weight. Last time I checked my name is "mom" not the maid or their slave.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• if you feel unappreciated, you need to teach them to be grateful. if it's too much for you, start to teach them to do for themselves. give them chores.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 2:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sometimes. They also make up for it many ways at other times, too.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• why do you need validation for a job you know your going to do anyway.. not trying to be mean am just saying.. what is it you really want validation for.. if you know what you''re capable of and they dont see it, it's because yor doing your job... that's how it's suppose to be.. now if your kids expect you to give them a glass of water without telling you they're thirsty it's because you're catering to them.. And you made that happen, not them.. and you should quit...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i know mine do and for the most part its all good but my oldest does kinda bother me in only one way because he normally is the one that says mom cant afford so he doesnt even ask but when it comes to his real dad i dont get him. his dad never comes around and doesnt do anything for him but for some reason he just thinks hes the best and all he has to do is ask and his dad will do it for him yeah right that does hurt my feelings especially like a few months ago he said his dad supports him with cs which i finally just started getting about 2 yrs ago and hes 15 and i get 25 a week.my son actually told me he doesnt even cost that so his dad pays for him
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No, I know they care.

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My second born takes me for granted. I dislike it and it hurts my feelings but I know I'm not doing anything to change it so I know I'm at fault. We allow people to treat us a certain way and I know I should take responsiblity.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• theres a difference between caring and taking for granted
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• no, not really. At least not intentionally. They may at time take for granted things I do for them, but Its more because they don't know any better.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2011