What can I cook and freeze to eat later?

Having our baby soon and need something quick to heat up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Anything, really. Spaghetti sauce, casseroles, lasagna, etc. If it is easier, make big batches, then freeze in individual servings. A good website I've found is www.dinnersinthefreezer.com. There is a good handful of good recipes to try. Soups, stews, casseroles, etc. Good Luck and congrats!!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have done it with everything from cooked chicken and canned baked beans, to casseroles, to chili, to lasagna and pastas...ANYTHING. Like Fawn80 said, anything you can make in big batches. Then I bought those cheap "keep or toss" storage containers and froze them in individual portions so I could just take something out for lunch. It worked well when I was dieting too in order to keep things fast, healthy, and to control my portions.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I LOVE FROZEN CHILI AND FROZEN CHICKEN N RICE SOUP
    jennymartin

Answer by jennymartin at 7:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Spaghetti!!! yumm Soup is good too
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• everything! It's how you store it that matters most. I store all my leftovers in single serving size containers. What works is the reusable containers from glad or ziplock. just put your food in it, freeze it and take it out the night before to thaw and heat in microwave. My dh would'nt have lunches at work if I didn't do this! also if you want to take from freezer you can defrost container in microwave then reset microwave temp to heat on high.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• we make homemade waffles and frezze them they are cheaper and better then ego waffles if you do make sure you put wax paper in between the waffles they stick
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2008