Was I wrong?

I went grocery shopping with my kids today and paid with my food stamp card. While I was bagging my groceries the lady that was behind comes on the opposite side of me and says " if you had he kids father assisting you wont need to be on government assistance using my money!" As a reflex I punched her straight in the mouth and chipped her tooth! My kids father died 2 months ago. I was really angry! But the security guard in the store let me go after I explained the situation. And NO I don't have an anger problem so don't start that bashing crap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Way to go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• would have done the same thing.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 2:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Good for you! I wish I could just punch some people too. People don't always stop to think about what they say. You never know what someone's circumstances are at the time.
    ConnorMom228

Answer by ConnorMom228 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Koodos to you. People need to learn to keep their mouth shut if they don't know what is going on. I dispose judgmental people
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 2:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't blame you one bit, people need to mind their own business.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That was a really rude thing to say. Still, a punch in the face? I hope she does not press charges. If you apologize for punching her it would diffuse any anger on her part that may come back to you later. Good luck.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Please tell me that you are joking. She shouldn't have said what she said.....but no one ever has a right to put their hands on another human being. I really hope that she doesn't charge you with assault, but she really has every right to. I think you have some growing up to do.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 3:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I get that gut reaction, but now all she thinks is that you are violent and you've kind of confirmed her opinion of you and others who are on PA. You should have told her that you'd just lost him a couple months ago and made her feel like the ass that she is.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Well, some people just shouldn't be entitled to their own opinion such as you because where i come a good old fashioned butt whooping for being completely out of line saying crap like that. if you dish it, you should eat it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• The way she said it i just knew she didn't care! She was way older and impov(in my point of view) she should of kown better to say something like that! She didn't know me. And I could care less of what others think of me on something like that she attacked my personal life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2011