When do you give the kids their easter basket??

ya know, the basket with STUFF in it..like my daughters has a lil bunny, a choc bunny, a colouring book, markers, stickers and other lil odds and ends......
i always give put it in my daughters room at night, so she wakes up and sees it right away..kinda like what i do at christmas with her stocking.....so when do YOU give your kids their basket of stuff??
do you do an easter egg hunt too?? right when they awake? later in the day?? what do ya'll do??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• My boys will get their easter basket as soon as they wake up. (Like you, I put theirs in the room at night too) and then their grandparents stop by with...more easter baskets. We do their baskets..we put fruit, pretzels, a few pieces of candy and other things like markers, playing cards, bubbles, crayons, coloring books, etc. in them.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They get to dig thru them as soon as they wake up and see them on the table, but they aren't allowed to have the candy till after breakfast. We do the egg hung after lunch sometime.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• The basket goes somewhere in the area where the eggs are hidden. This year it's sitting on the loveseat, since the bunny hid an egg on the table.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I put a one nice toy, a chocolate bunny, and a couple other candies. The easter bunny hides the baskets, so the kiddos run around the house looking for them in the morning. We do our egg hunt after church, there's about 20 kids including neices and nephews so its a lot of fun.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 3:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I put it on the coffee table so DS1 sees it when he gets up and we come downstairs. This is DS2's first Easter. This year, I put a new outfit, a small stuffed animal, a toy car, and a couple of soft balls in both baskets. In DS1's basket, I also put in a little bit of chocolate and a couple of cheap DVD's. In DS2's basket, I put in some of those Gerber puffs and 2 small toys. None of it coated very much, though.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We have the grankids spending the weekend with us to celebrate Easter, so my DD who lives with us & two of the grandkids dye the eggs the night b4 and she fixes their baskets early the next morning b4 they wake up!
    meatums

Answer by meatums at 3:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We do the baskets first thing Sunday morning and an Easter egg hunt later in the day. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• The "Bunny Guy" as my son calls him, leaves the basket on the coffee table and he gets to pick through it when he wakes up, maybe one or two jelly beans. Then we do a family egg hunt, then have breakfast. And usually take our eggs to a friends and we hide the eggs again and let the kids find them as a big group, or friends come to our house. It alternates every year. Then we have a big dinner where everyone brings a dish. One friend is from TX and they always have a bbq brisket so thats what she is bringing, we always make ham so thats what Im bringing, one friend brings Mexican dishes. It's all pretty yummy!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i put one nice toy of some sorts in her basket and then some chocolate and suckers, i let her find her easter basket as soon as she wakes up
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• toys; candy; puzzles; markers; cards; crayons; coloring books; reading books; stickers; a chocolate bunny; a white chocolate bunny and we do breakfast first then the boys hunt and find their baskets; then we go to church; come back do an Easter egg hunt and then dinner
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011