My 2 1/2 year old daughter is up puking

What could I give her to help her stomach? I've been letting her drinking ice cold and she chewed some mint gum. I keep asking if she wants crackers but she doesn't want it.....

So i go buy some sprite?

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 3:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• chewable children's pepto, crackers, 7-up or sprite. cool cloth on the back of her neck.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 3:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Real ginger ale (find some that has real ginger in it). Ginger settles the stomach. If you have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, they have crystalized ginger. Give her small pieces to chew on. Crackers, white rice, banana, white toast are all good for a bad stomach. No milk, meat or fibrous foods.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 4:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What you need to do is take her to the hospital. If she is constantly throwing up, then she is not keeping the water you're giving her. She is dehydrated. This happened to my daughter about a month ago. She already had a cold so she was wanting water all through the night because her being sick was drying her throat. At 4am she woke up puking. She was in my bed when this happened so she threw up on me. And I'm glad she was with me, because once before she threw up (not a lot thankfully) while laying on her back and didn't flip over. If your daughter continues to throw up, she could do it in her sleep and drown in it. By 6am I had given her some jello which she threw up about 2 minutes after consuming and plenty of water. She threw up every time I gave her anything, even if it was just water. So I took her to the emergency room and they hooked her up to an IV and pumped fluids into her body because she was extremely dehydrated
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 4:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They also gave her some very strong medicine that stopped the nausea so she was able to eat shortly after the fluids were in her body. But she could only eat foods that were east on her tummy, like crackers and jello.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 4:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I hope you dd is feeling better soon
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes, if it persists, call the doctor and get their recommendation on whether to go to the hospital or not. If nothing stays down at all, she could get dehydrated. They may give her IV fluids. My daughter had Rotavirus when she was 18 months old. The IV fluids in the ER helped her recover.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2011