Do you think women cry over men too much?

I swear, it's like the only thing I see on this site and any other site that involves females. "My boyfriend and I just broke up, I don't want to be alone. Where can I meet a man?" or "My husband hits me but I love him and he loves me, how do I get it to stop?" "My fiancee doesn't like the fact that I have kids, what should I do?" I don't understand how women at this time and age can be so dependent on a man. It's like they have no sense of self. What's your opinion on the matter?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 4:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I think many do, but you also have to consider that some posts are just started for drama, some women have no one to talk to, sometimes things sound worse than they are because of limited space (or trying to be brief), etc. I'm pretty dependent on my husband (financially, at the very least) right now, but that's because I'm going to school and taking care of DD and the house. But, if we split, I would be devastated, but I could manage things. I can work, I'm fairly independent (it's driving me nuts relying on him for money, but he's the one who suggested I just focus on school full time so I can finish ASAP and be working at something I love, etc.), but it's nice to have him and share my life with him. Personally, I wouldn't put up with much of the crap I hear women IRL and on here complain about, but that's just me. And I'm babbling...need to go to bed again.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes I think it's true, they proably do. but we are emotional creatures. I do agree with Mrs.Bat though, I wouldn't dare put up with even half the crap I see posted on here.
    darter

Answer by darter at 5:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• yes... absolutely..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I look at it like this...a man can only do what a woman lets him.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 5:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I 100% agree!!! I am hearing that from 3 different friends. I have one who was dating a guy who has a baby mama drama but she doesnt want to leave him, I have one who lives with her ex husband and current boyfriend and doesnt want to kick out the ex, and then another who said she wanted to a marry a man a month ago and now is telling me she doesnt know what to do bc she doesnt love him. I seriously just want to tell all of them to grow some and remember that women are strong and they dont need that man! I am so tired of hearing the same story in different forms when they do not want to fix their lives!! I mean really.. if you hate your life and the oe your with.. stop crying.. just end it!! I get its hard.. but come on..
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think that many women AND men are not raised well & do not have the self esteem & confidence needed in the world today.

All that comes from upbringing. If a woman was not raised with enough love from her father, she will search for that love from other men. And since she does not know what a "good man" is, she settles for the first man who she thinks loves her. They become desperate for that love because they never had it growing up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't understand how women at this time and age can be so dependent on a man. It's like they have no sense of self. --

i see that IRL, too. its sad, no matter what childhood or experience brought them to that kind of thinking. i wish women were more self-reliant..but, on the flipside, if they were more 'like a man', who would be the nurturers, the sex with more feeling emotionally? there's gotta be a balance. a yin and a yang, so to speak.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Way too many. Sometimes I just want to reach through this screen, grab the poster and shake some sense into her...GET OUT.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• All that comes from upbringing. If a woman was not raised with enough love from her father, she will search for that love from other men. And since she does not know what a "good man" is, she settles for the first man who she thinks loves her. They become desperate for that love because they never had it growing up.

I know plenty of women who were hardcore "Daddy's Girls" and still date assholes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree, there is way too much complaining and not enough action.

Answer by older at 8:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2011