For those who practice witchcraft.

What are some examples of things you can do and what are the outcomes?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 4:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've done many spells, almost all were successful (the only ones that weren't were the ones I did to try to find a necklace of mine, which I'm now fairly certain my ex threw away, or it wasn't meant to return to me). Magick and Witchcraft aren't really like what you see on TV. It's similar to prayer, and we do spells, pray, have rituals, etc. for basically the same reasons others pray (except about conversion and that sort of thing): financial help (like finding a job), love (finding the right person, or self love, etc., not controlling someone), peace, finding things,health, protection, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• whats an example of a spell that you did that worked?
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 6:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have done many spells and for the most part they have worked. One example is when any of my loved ones are sick, I will write a blessing (I call them this to make them feel better about taking it) on a small piece of paper, tie a ribbon to it and give it to them. They are basically protection and healing spells. I have done candle magick for house blessings.

That reminds me ... I need to do another for this place. *sigh*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Most of the ones Ive done involved health for someone or financial stuff involving my family.

I prefer candle magick. Since you want examples...a few years ago I wrote a financial rune on a green candle. I wrote a spell(similar to a prayer in verse and sound) and my husband and I focused on our desired outcome(new job for DH)and lit the candle. We recited the spell Id written and then focused our intent and energy on that outcome and what was said and put all of that out into the Universe. After several minutes we put the candle out.

That was followed up by my husband putting out more resumes and talking to people he knew who had insight on places that were hiring,etc and the combination of our putting our intent and energy out into the Universe and asking for help along with my husband doing his part to help got him a better paying job within a weeks time.

When our spells didnt work it was cuz it wasnt meant to be.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have done a few Spells ... healing, justice, blessings
    I write the Spell with the purpose/intent for it in mind.
    The healing spell was the most energy draining I have ever done and have
    not had to do it again bc it worked as I intended for it too...
    I use all the tools I can when ever I do a Spell, I do not just do one kind over another...
    The next Spell I am working on (for me it takes a few days to create/write a spell . it must feel right to
    me for me to use it... this is just me not all Witches do this) is with the purpose of helping my Dh to achieve
    his goal into finding a Job.
    Any Witch will tell you If the Spell did not work, that means it wasn't meant to be...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Many different types over the years. Some for healing, protection, financial reasons, etc.. For the most part yes they've worked. I did a healing spell for DH one time. He is bipolar and has arthritis in his spine. DH made the comment that he felt sometimes it was just too much. So when I worded the spell I asked that when he felt that way I could carry the burden. (Energy cannot be destroyed, it can be moved or changed but it doesn't just go away). I forgot about the spell after that and it didn't seem to have worked. Till I started to notice I was having mood swings and felt like crap. Anytime I did Dh would tell me he feels "Normal". I was trying to take the arthritis. But his mental pain was his actual problem so that is what I got. I felt crazy when he felt normal. I had to undo that spell and promised him never to do it again. It almost broke us up actually because I do NOT handle bipolar moods well. cont...
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• There was some good to come of that spell though. I now understand what a bipolar patient feels. Its really impossible to understand that your feeling anger without a reason. Or sad when you have every reason in the world to be happy. I'm a better spouse for my Dh because I remember how that spell made me feel.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Well, over the past year I've done a few spells to find lost items, for protection or good healthy, and some times to help my kids get along better... I've honestly never had a bad outcome (well, when I was first learning I had quite a few that didn't work, but it's an art that must be learned).

But the perfect example I can give is when I lost my wedding ring last fall. I had lost some weight while I was pregnant and my ring was loose. At some point through my day it had slipped off and gotten lost. I spend HOURS ripping my house apart looking for it and simply couldn't. So, I did a small spell and focused all my energy on finding the ring. Once my spell was complete I quit looking for it. An hour or so later I sat down on my bed to do something and there was my ring, sitting on the bed as if I had just set it down...

It couldn't have worked better...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have done spells and for the most part I generally work with energy. I meditate on a daily basis so that I can focus
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

When I had the Mirena, I had a LOT of problems with it (almost ended up in the hospital because of side effects) and I couldn't afford to have it removed (my OB wanted $300 up front, $500 total, and the nearest Planned Parenthood, 2 hours away, wanted about $75). I did a spell to help me figure out a way to get it removed, and within 24 hours, I got a call back from the health department saying that someone was transferring to ours from another one, and she could remove it and they gave me an appointment for less than a week from that day. Later that same day, a friend of ours that had a REALLY well paying job showed up to give me $100 to go get it removed (but I didn't take it because of the health department).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011