Slept funny and now my throat hurts

I have noticed this has happened twice now. When my lo sleeps with me, I always with my arm up And my head rests on it. When I wake up my ear and throat hurt extremely bad like in a sickness, sore throat, type of way. These incidents happened a week apart from each other. Is it just a coincidence that I slept the same way when it happened, or does thar Have something to do with it? I don't want to be sick because I am breastfeeding :(

I don't really understand how I could be sick, I rarely leave the house and when I do I Sanitizer my hands like crazy!!!

I hope someone has an answer for me! :)

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 5:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• If it's only happening when you sleep like that I doubt you're sick. It's probably just the pressure you're putting on the area for several hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I wonder if that position has you sleeping with your mouth open and the dry air you are breathing in through your mouth is causing a sore throat. I know if I sleep on my back, I have a tendency to mouth breathe when I am sleeping and I wake up with a sore throat.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thanks mama's! I had to take some ibuprofen, mid-night, and it helped get rid of it!
    bentleysmommy11

Comment by bentleysmommy11 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It could be that you slept with your mouth open. It might be that that sleeping position forces your mouth open and the dry air made your throat sore, and in turn that made your ear sore. That would be my best guess.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 7:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011