Whats the best cure for heartburn?

I have tried a few different things but nothing that I would but again.

darter

Asked by darter at 6:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• I have a "GREAT" heartburn cure for you. I call it a banana cocktail. You take a half of a banana, peel it cut it up put it in to your blender,
    then take a mango,or a papaya and peel it, take the seed(s) out of it and cut it up and put it in to the blender with a cup of water, and blend it till it is smooth then pour it into a glass and drink and enjoy, the only side effects are "GREAT" RELIEF :)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 7:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Good question... I hope someone has an answer for us both, lol. Tums are great, but I can only handle the taste of a tablet so long.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 6:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Try the 24 hr. over the counter heartburn meds like Prilosec, Zantac, Famotidine, they all do a pretty good job unless you have it severely like myself, so I take a prescription Nexium. Tums and Rolaids are a temporary fix but these 24 hr. meds work! Also, avoid spicy, carbonated, caffeine foods. Try not to eat before going to bed! If you have heartburn at nite while laying down, lay on your LEFT side and prop pillows so yor more upright ,it helps!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2011