How is the transition from 2-3 kids?

Is it tougher than the transition from 1-2?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I thought it was pretty easy. I just had to remember to give myself more time to get ready to get somewhere, which you have to remember to do after adding a new baby no matter how many you have. As gemgem said, you already know how to juggle more than one. Also, the kids are already used to not being the only child. We haven't had any jealousy issues, but ours were also close together.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• At first it was a bit overwhelming. But now my kids get along and they are protective of each other. They play together pretty well and argue once a day at best.. lol My kids are now 8, 6 & 4.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• 2-3 is eaiser than 1-2. but my oldest was only 18 months when little sis was born so no jealousy.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree 2-3 is easier then 1-2. You already know how to juggle more then one child so it makes it easier.

Answer by gemgem at 9:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think if the children are not so close in age it is easier
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I thought 1-2 was the most difficult transition, 2-3 was just alot easier for me, same with 3-4 then 4-5.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Never really thought about it, just did it because, well, it had to be done. It wasn't bad, except I think the last two (3-4) because they were so close in age (middle daughter was still in infant car seat when baby girl was born because she was sooooooooooo tiny!). So for a couple months, until middle girl got big enough for toddler seat, I didn't go anywhere with both the younger two.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2011