How often do you get a family portrait?

Also, where do you get one? It's probably about time that we get one. :)

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 7:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Our oldest will be 6 in October and we STILL haven't had a professional portrait done of our family (with us) except when my grandma was convinced she was dying (for no reason...happens increasingly frequently LOL) and wanted everyone to go have pictures taken. She hired a photographer and we got our whole family, the individual families, the individual families with their parents, all the aunts, all the uncles, all the grandkids, all the great grandkids, etc. It took forever...you have to understand I have 10 brothers and sisters, lord only knows how many cousins, and then ALL THOSE BABIES. Lmao!!!

We get a whole family picture on Christmas, but just with someone from the family taking pictures. Maybe we will do it this summer when the new baby is here too?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We get them done at least once a year. and depending on your area.. we use Picture Innovations. I love their prices and I love that I can get the pictures same day. But if we have a coupon for some where else.. JCP has great pics as well. Just depends on what is on sale
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We did one at 6 months, then at 1 and will bedoing it at 2 and so forth. I get his pictures done at Sears because I want the # picture. I always have a coupon. So I get it for really cheap. Then the photographer that did our wedding takes a family picture. She is really good and she will do them anywhere. Plus I get all the rights to my pictures and I get a ton of them taken. Best part is it's only 20 bucks!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We've only done it twice.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We've never had a professional family portrait unless you are including Walmart. I think they are expensive. Nowadays a digital camera can create a pretty good picture.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Use to be every month with my own camera when my first was born. Then when my 2nd was born, it was every few months. We'd get maybe every Christmas in. Then it was once every few years after my 3rd was born. My 4th was born 2 years ago and we've only taken 1 family photo...it's hard to get the family together these days...and I'm loving the adobe photoshop software that lets me merge photos into one so it can look like everyone is looking at the camera at the same time...waiting to do another family photo. Getting all 4 kids together is not a problem, but a family photo takes work lol...

I take my own photos...its cheaper, just wish I had the time.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Once a year. We used to go to Sears, but now my cousins a photographer so she does them for us.

Answer by gemgem at 9:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Walmart, Professional photographer every 4 years.

This year we had my SIL take the photo she did great and we have some cute photos.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Not very. We probably need to get one done soon though. I think we did two, one when the kids were 4 or 5 and one when they were 12-ish. Now that the kids are in their teens, it seems like they hardly look the same for longer than a few minutes, and my son just insists on growing!
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We've never had one. I never saw the point.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011