Abortion Report

Hi ladies, I'm doing a report for school as to the top reasons a woman would feel she needs to get an abortion. I'm looking for any personal experiences. Please refrain ladies (those who have never had one) from being self righteous. I just need info, not judgment of those who have had one k :)

And I apologize ahead of time for the category I put this question in. I wasn't sure which category to put it in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• well, I'VE never had one, but i'll refrain from being self-righteous and just give you a bump ;)
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 7:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have not had one, but i have been with friends for support who have had one. And i have other friends & family who have had them too.

One of my family members had her tubes tied, but still got pregnant about a year later. At only 6 weeks, they could tell that the placenta was not properly attached to the uterus, so they told her she needed to abort. So, she did.

One of my friends got pregnant "accidentally", don't know the exact circumstance. But, she was about to go to Japan to get her masters in art over there. So, she opted for an abortion so she could finish her education.

I have two friends who are both married & somehow came up with an unwanted pregnancy. They both had several children already & did not want any more. So, they got abortions.

There are many reasons why, every story is different...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Well, I'm gonna answer your question "anonymously" due to the fact that people who believe strongly in Pro-Life are gonna jump all over this one, even though you asked them to "Refrain". I had one in my 30's right after I had my son. When I say "Right After" I mean a matter of a few weeks, I timed it wrong, just got done with my period and thought it was safe! My husband just lost his job and we figured there was NO way we could afford another one with no income and NO insurance! I'm not proud of that decision, it was a very difficult one to make, but it was ours to make and I'm glad I had a CHOICE!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You can look up the actual statistics for the reasons: hardship, bad timing, rape, incest, health. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, the majority take place due to financial hardship, timing, wrong partner, and reasons like that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• – collapse
    Because they're scared and selfish. Scared about what people might say, that they might be hurt, that they will have a disabled child, or that they won't have enough money. Selfish that they won't be able to live whatever life they have envisioned and planned for themselves.
    Try to find the article "10 reasons why I don't believe in abortion" it gives good insight as to the reasons some women choose to have one.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I had one in my 30's. Was in a stable, married relationship. We were using protection but it failed. I already had 2 children, having just had my daughter who was born extremely premature and it was thought that she would require full-time care for the rest of her life. In addition, the doctors could not predict the outcome of another pregnancy because I was considered a medical mystery as to what happened with my daughter. I had never planned to have any more children after my 2 and the best choice for us was abortion. Like anon above, I am thankful I had a CHOICE! I remember all too well the stories of my mom's and grandmom's generation of how abortions had to be performed in back alleys because it was against the law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Ive never had one but have been a friend to someone who had several. I supported her through a couple of them.

The first two times it was simply because she didnt want another child and didnt feel she could support another on her own when she already had 2 children with 2 men who didnt help her out. So she was the typical single mom trying to raise kids on her own.

The last time was because she was still single but also was going through chemo for cancer and the doctors basically said it boiled down to helping her get over the cancer or the baby and she chose to get over the cancer and tend to her other two kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My mom had one in 1975. Her and my dad were married, and dad was in college, working PT. Mom was working FT, and they lived off of spaghetti os, and struggled to even make rent. Unfortunately a very unexpected pregnancy occurred. With mom being the 9main bread winner, and them having no health insurance, they both felt bringing a baby into the world would be a bad decision. So she aborted. It was difficult for my parents, but they knew it was the right decision to make. My dad finished school eventually, getting a good job, moving out of that hell hole apartment, and 5 years later I was born. dad made a great living by then, and my mother was able to SAH with me, and my two brothers who came along later. Mom feels her choices THEN, although HARD, led her to the life and kids she has TODAY.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I haven't had one, but would not hesitate to have one if I were to get pregnant now because I already take care of my hubby, MIL and SIL ... all who are disabled and I do not want or need another thing to take care of. Is it selfish? But it's my choice, not yours to make for me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have never had one, but if I somehow got pregnant now, I would abort. Pregnancy is now life threatening to me, and the fetus wouldn't make it anyway. Also, I'm done having children, so for me, it would be the right decision all around.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2011