Is it wrong for a one year old to share a room w/their parents??

My $&%* inlaws are at it again to get back at us. They are saying it's unfit and child abuse that we My husband, daughter, and I sleep in one room. We live with my Mother in a two bedroom condo. They are so mad at my Husband that they are threating to call DCF Department of Children and familys on us. HELP??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• No its fine. My dd only had a one bedroom for the first year her son was born. As long as you have a crib then its fine. My kids all slept with me off and on when they were little like that too. DCF only cares if you have a clean home, with food, arent neglecting the child, and all that good stuff. You can also by law have 3 ppl in a one bedroom which leads me to believe ppl with one child can share a room with them. Otherwise why have that law?

Answer by gemgem at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• NO it's not wrong! As long as you guys aren't having sex in front of him then who cares?! It's most definately NOT abuse.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No it's not abuse, not at all! At some point everyone's done this! Your inlaws are being stupid basically and need to get over themselves, in my view anyway. The DCF won't listen to a word they say if it's just that you sleep in the same room, and it's not like she's even grown anyway! She's 1! Plenty of parents want to share a room with their children when they're that age. In my view this is ridiculous. Sorry, I went through a similar situation wayyy back when my husband and I lived in a one bedroomed place, and although they never called anyone or threatened to we got a LOAD of stick for it.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We share a room with our 18 mnth old son......soooooo i dont know if your not like having sex while shes awake and watching or anything then so the hell what!!! its none of your inlaws business!! I wouldnt worry I dont think she has a case if she does turn you in they will probably laugh at her.... there are alot of people who share rooms with their little ones...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• NOOO my littlle brother shared a room with my parents until he was FOUR. and there was a room for him to move into.. i had three older brotheres in a four bedroom house.you do the math ;) it is not child abuse!! i don't see how it could be!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's not wrong at all. My fiance, son and I all share a room. We're living with my mom too in a 2 bedroom house so he stays in our room. Even when we had our own place, a 2 bedroom apartment, he stayed in the room with us. Some people keep their kids in their bed until they're teens so why would it be bad if she's only a year old?
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OMG!! Dont you love inlaws?? My daughter has her crib in our room so technically she shares a romm with us. That is in no way abuse. I feel its better because I can make sure she is safe throughout the night and wont get scared if she wakes up and we are not there.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No. Nothing wrong at all. Don't worry about it.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's not wrong and it certainly isn't against the law. Both my brother and sister slept in a crib in my parents room until they were 5 years old! They had to - there was only one bedroom in our small apartment. I was the oldest and I slept on the sofa in the living room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• First of all, let them call DCF isn't going to do anything. You don't have a choice as there isn't another bedroom and it's not child abuse. If it was I'm sure a lot of parents would be in trouble.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008