How big of a holiday is easter to you

what i mean to go all out and celebrate it or just baskets for the kids.normally i just do baskets for kids and be done with it.sometimes if i find an egg hunt somewhere ill take them to do that.i did actually have a dinner for it last weekend but really only because i have house guests

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• We just do backets.

Answer by louise2 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We're visiting family today but really it's because we have opportunity more than about Easter. We didn't make up any baskets for my dd who is almost 3 but she did an egg hunt with her friends the other day. Family have also got treats planned and there's only so much she needs. Earlier this week we did a Passover celebration as well. Busy week!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We do baskets and generally I go to church. There is not Sunday School today they have a breakfast instead, not something I attend. Most years we have a family (husbands side) dinner but this year I did not want to leave my house for that many hours. Family isn't 'happy' with me, but I'm happy with me because we are home. We haven't even discussed 'what's for dinner?' yet.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My son is to old for easter hunts.Plus we usually go to church on Easter Sunday, but my hubby has to train someone today unfortunately at his job... My mother inlaw normally makes a big dinner for Easter, but won't be doing that this yr. She has had a lot going on.. Plus half of our family won't be there, so no point in cooking a dinner anyway. Thanksgiving and Christmas I think are the biggest important holidays. We always have a big dinner at our house for Christmas and Thanksgiving at my mother inlaws.
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My two have watched the Passion of the Christ and really understand Easter now. Baskets go on their beds, we have breakfast at church and have a ham for dinner but our main thing is being thankful for this day.
    dandidav

Answer by dandidav at 8:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I let my family do it all. They're nuts about Easter & love going through all the work. So, i let them...lol. My DD always has a bitchin Easter basket ...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• physically, its not a big deal. a few little things, or fave candies in a basket, some egg coloring, and that about it. we attend church every sunday, then i come home and make lunch/dinner (usually).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We do the easter candy spring toy thing hunt at home, then make a special breakfast, just something I don't make daily, then the same for supper, a little more added to it such as more salads, pickles, olives, buns, stuff like that. We don't have family near by so it is just us and back to work tomorrow.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We do Easter baskets, egg hunt, family dinner, church. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• its tradition to celebrate easter so i am doing the egg hunt for my daughter and niece and i made my daughter a basket and later on today i have my entire family come over for a big dinner! I am so excited i just got married about 4 months ago and this is the first holiday that i get to cook for and have the whole family over :)
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011