Do you let your kids gorg on their Easter candy and be done with it or do you ration it allowing only so much at a time?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• Easter & Christmas are the only days they can eat ALL THE CANDY they want. After awhile they stop on their own. Maybe because they aren't use to a LOT of candy.

Ambr...too bad the bunny didn't leave a golden egg for each child.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I dont put much candy into my kids baskets, So they can eat it. This year each kid got 1 pack of peeps, 1 cadbury egg, some tootsie rolls and a few suckers.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I treat it like Halloween candy. They get candy in moderation....or after a while they get so distracted it sits till it hubby takes it to work and the coworkers finish it off.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Ah, they are kids! Who doesn't love a sugar loaded Sunday?!?!?!? I let them dive in to it, but the Easter Bunny doesn't bring a lot of candy to our house. He has always brought spring toys: baseballs, bats, bubbles, garden digging stuffs, etc!
    LoraGardiner

Answer by LoraGardiner at 9:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• with my daughter only being three i monitor how much she has in one day, if she eats to much candy then she wont eat anything else lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Just a couple first thing in the morning and the rest is put away to be consumed over time by all of us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They open the baskets, play with the new toys, eat some candy, have breakfast,eat some more candy, then they take a break(on their own) I think its fine to let them go at it, as then it is gone sooner. DD(8) learned last halloween, that going overboard isnt worth it, as she felt sick the next day, so now, she can limit herself on her own. :) DS is pretty good at regulating himself.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• we only allow them a certain amount each day and if still around after a month it goes in the trash
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No, that is the traditional way. Even if you go to a public egg hunt, there would only be one golden egg.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Mine doesn't get much candy so it's not really much of an issue. But no, he won't be eating any of it till after he has breakfast.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2011