Do I have the right to be mad?

Ok, so, I work 3 days a week and my husband works 5 days a week. We have a 7 month old son who I'm with all day when I don't work. Anyway, when I work on Saturday my husband watches the baby, other than that day my husband never watches him without me. My husband helps me somewhat with the baby( when I ask) but I feel like I'm responsible for 98% of the duties, ( which I'm okay with). So, yesterday I worked all day while hubby watched the baby, then I came home, got the baby, and went back to work to do mymorhers hair, then went to the store for Easter 2moro, then to the bank, then another store to get things the other store didn't have (all without my husband) which is okay cuz I'm used to, my point for telling u all I did is not to get kudos but to let u know all I do so u can give me an honest answer. Anyway, I got home, fed the baby, (didn't bathe the baby cuz hubby already did that afternoon) then got baby to bed. Then I started to do some cooking for the next day, and still had not eaten all day but I already got everyone else fed. I through in a load of laundry, ate a little something and continued to cook. In the meantime it is about 9:30 pm and hubby went to sleep, I continued to cook till about 1am. Fell asleep about 1:30am and baby woke up at 6:00am so I asked hubby if he could entertain the baby for 10 min while I got a little wink in, then I would get up to get the baby breakfast, I said I didn't get to sleep till 1:30am I'm so sleepy, and he said well why didn't u go to sleep earlier and turned around in the bed and covered his head with the blanket and said I'm tired. So I got up and started the day. See, I'm so cool with being the one to do all this, I adore my son, but I'm human and get sleepy too, and I just got angry at that this morning, do I have the right to be pissed about this? I have not said anything to my hubby but it does anger me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be pissed too! but I would tell him how you feel, now before it becomes resentment.

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sounds like my husband! I would be angry, too. I would have a little talk and explain to him that you could use a little extra help so you can do an even better job as a mommy and wife. Good luck! Happy Easter (I think that's what you were cooking for.) :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've told him these things before and he says '' I'm sorry, and I know all u do, and I'll change'' but then itjust goes back to normal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It got to the point with mine that I told him if he wasn't going to help and he was going to be out all night long and play video games while he was home or sleep instead of helping at least a little, then it would be no different if he were no longer living here. lol. That really got him to moving!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Most men are like this when it comes to their kids, but in the end they will always have a better relationship with you because of this, so it is his loss. Maybe you should one day take off and stay gone for a while so he can keep the kids to himself and realize what you do for real.

Answer by older at 9:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Welcome. You have arrived into the world of Mother, Wife, and woman. Sounds pretty typical to me. All the cooking and holiday fooffy stuff is not as important to the guys. It all just magically happens. Just keep setting the boundries because if you don't it could be taken full advantage of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You need to be crystal clear with him what you want and expect in this relationship. Failure to do that now is like telling him its okay that I do it all and you don't have to help. Be assertive and stand up for what your what and what you expect.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would have kicked his ass out of bed! What was he doing yesterday while you ran around with the baby?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sounds like things with me and my ex...I got SO tired of it....you're under-appreciated, and it's just going to get worse if you let it happen. You're going to be angry all the time and tired of doing everything. You need time for yourself too.Tell the hubby to take care of your son for a bit and you go out and do something for YOU, for no one else. Go to a movie or out to dinner. Something nice that you like to do. It'll help.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• He was calling me and saying ''what time was I gonna be home because he was hungry''
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2011