Been having contractions since 9pm yesterday

well technically for like ten days now. consistantly for 8 but not all painful and irratic. but since 9pm they were about 5mins apart for 4 hours straight. then out of nowhere stopped. around 2am i got to sleep (still having some painful contractions) they kept waking me up so i got little to no sleep. now im awake and still having them, they feel like menstral cramps basically. maybe every 6 mins apart. since they stopped for a little last night are these just more crazy contractions that will stop? im at a loss at what to do. its been so long id think theyd be unbearable by now but theyre still tollerable i just cant sleep through them

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well while it is true that contractions when it's time get worse and closer together there have been many cases where you don't even notice some of the contractions in between. And some woman, like my mother just had uncomfortable not unbearable pains until she finally went to the hospital bc they were consistant and she was dilated to a 6 so there is no harm in going in to get checked at L&D.....better to be told it's not labor than have a baby at home or not get an epidural if that's in your plan
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I'm worried that's going to be me. I have a high tolerance for pain and even at the hospital with my first when they told me I was having contractions, I didn't even notice them. I never got to feel the painful ones because of a c-section, but this time we're shooting for a natural birth. I think if you don't have anything going on or work then to just stop by the hospital to be checked. It's not like only an hour's gone by and you're being unrealistic. It's lasted a while and it's better to just see, if not just for your piece of mind. How far along are you by the way?
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• im 36 and a half weeks. have a scheduled induction in like a week because babys not growing properly (other than that shes healthy!)
    they seem just as painful now. but not getting worse or closer together so i think ima wait it out a little longer just to see what happens. ive been tricked before!! but these do hurt worse than any "false" labor contractions. however some are more painful than others and idk if thats normal. and they seem to maybe be spacing out? idk after so many hrs of this im so confused!!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Hang On You WILL SURVIVE...call doctor or mother in law...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011