Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse

I am at the verrrrry end of pregnancy, trying not to give in to induction but the pressure is bad, i have had diarrhea and nausea for the past week and i have got the worst cold in the world. I think i need some positive encouragement :(


Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Your body and your baby will know when the time is right. Just be patient. I know it's hard, but it will be worth it. I promise. Let your body do what it was made to do. Trust me, with my first, I let them hang pitocin and it was AWEFULL. I ended up with drugs and an epidural. (horrible experiance) My second and third pregnancies were completely natural. I was checked into the hospital at 9cm with my second and 7 and 1/2 cm with my third. (my third was a week late and 9.8 lbs!) I had a much easier time recovering from my 2 natural births than I did my first. If you let them start an induction, it will lead to more "crap" during your labor that you don't need.
    Again, nature knows what it's doing and it seems little one just isn't quite ready for the world yet. You are gonna do fine!

    Answer by Cristi1004 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Hang in there mom, hope you feel better soon!

    Answer by older at 9:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Doesn't sound pleasant at all, I wish you all the best...

    Answer by jessiskinner200 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • You are one tough cookie! thats for sure!!!! I can see you will have something to be 'more than' Proud of when this is over and your new Angel is in your arms...
    Congrats Momma!!!!!! Hearts everywhere are with you now.

    Answer by jayme009 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Hang on You will have many blessings...

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Do they have an actual reason for suggesting induction or is this a "convenience" issue? You will do SO much better by letting nature takes it's course. There is a reason you haven't gone into labor yet, baby isn't ready. It's ok to let him/her cook a little longer!

    Answer by Cristi1004 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • my doc just said i could. i don't want to though i would rather wait

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • By the way, you can take Sudafed and Afrin nasal spray to help with your cold symptoms. I had horrible allergies and I took those religiously!
    Best wishes!

    Answer by Cristi1004 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011